Sunday, July 3, 2016

Carrión de los Condes to Terradillos de los Templarios

As of this afternoon we've completed more than half the Camino de Santiago. It been an good 400 km. Hiking through the Pyrenees on first day is still my favorite scenery, but I've enjoyed the days since then too. We've seen some of our pilgrims enough times now to get to know a few of them and that's a good addition to the hiking. Today's walk was almost completely flat and we made really good time. We were checked into our alburgue about 1:00. I spent most of the afternoon talking with the other pilgrims while Corrie read and wrote. Some how today's 17 miles felt like we were taking it easy. 

Dawn behind our albergue this morning. 

This photo pretty much sums up the last 17 miles. It was a great day to walk with other people and talk. I've heard the area referred to as a dessert, but it seems more like Spain's bread basket. 

Very helpful signs in Ledigos... I'm not sure what's going on here. We went left but we didn't find the snow cave. 

We found an ISO 9001 compliant albergue tonight... I didn't know that was an option in an albergue, but it's a really nice place.

No comments:

Post a Comment