Monday, June 9, 2014

Bike ride - Day 8

58 miles goes pretty quick when it's mostly flat or gently sloping up the river valley. I'm camped at Birch Lake tonight after a couple days of rest in Fairbanks. It wasn't a particularly scenic ride, but the lake side dining was quite nice for dinner. 

Oatmeal for dinner tonight so I can soak the rice overnight and try it for breakfast. 
Oatmeal dinner recipe:
1 cup water
1 cup oatmeal 
1/3 cup raisins
1 pinch of salt
2-3 T spoons butter
4 oz cheddar cheese. 

Throw everything but the cheese into the pot and cook until the water is mostly gone. Add cheese and stir until it melts. Remove from heat and serve. Add garlic and pepper to taste. It tastes good as long as you're not expecting American oatmeal. At least as good as a lot of the instant meals I've had over the years. 

I tried a little fishing in the lake but didn't catch anything so I've decided on an early night instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment