Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bike ride - Day 3

Matt and I decided to ride together for most of the day. The weather cleared up a bit so we pushed a little longer and camped 67 miles up the road at the north Denali view state park. It's nice to meet other people who are also riding the roads in Alaska. Matt was good company with lots of information from his coast to coast bike trip last year. 

Matt next to the campsite umbrella turned drying rack at Montana creek. 

These are the bikes of the French couple who are riding to Santiago Chile... My load seemed lighter looking at his trailer. 

My were still soaked from the day before so I tried plastic bags. They worked alright. 

South Denali view point. Denali is still hiding in the clouds...

We stopped at the Denali State Park information center. I might have spent the night here if I were riding alone for the day but I'm glad we went on to the next park. 

I was in too much of a hurry to make supper and get to bed to take any pictures when we go to the north view campground. It was probably for the best, we didn't have a problem with mosquitos while cooking supper... I think we lucked out and went to bed just before they came out in force because the screen of my tent was completely covered within 10 minutes of laying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment