Saturday, May 31, 2014

Time for a Bike Trip

I finished up my last day of work about 6:30 last night. It's been a busy last couple of weeks but I think I'm ready for the bike trip. 
John Rusyniak of Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge loaned me his Yak bike trailer for the trip.  
I tested out the trailer riding to work and around town last week. It does add some drag and increases my turning radius a bit, but i like the balance better than over stuffed panniers and I don't expect much city traffic over the next three weeks. 
Bring your Yak to work day! 
Reminds me of a Nepalese yak. Loaded right up to the top. 
Latest route plan. Looks like between 800 and 900 miles.
I'm off to a late start this morning, but I plan on posting updates from the trail. I'll be exclusively using my phone and an iPad Corrie loaned me for the next three weeks. I may have to change formats of the posts a little... 

1 comment:

  1. Pedal safe! :-) The midnight sun is waiting for you in Fairbanks. Just today the official sunset time crossed over midnight; it's at 12:02am tonight.

    ReplyDelete