Thursday, May 8, 2014

Summer has Arrived in Alaska

How do I know it's summer?

Last Friday when I headed north to visit my dad in Tok none of the trees had leaves yet.
Ali running around at our lunch stop near Lion Head/Sore Thumb. 
48 hours later, Sunday evening, I returned to Anchorage to find nearly all the trees have leaves!
And Monday I saw the first dandelion going to seed!
I guess it's a good thing that I've already started planning and packing for my bike trip this summer... It feels great to be getting ready for a new adventure and I think I'll be able to reuse a lot of my gear from the last trip. I don't expect to be quite as minimalistic this time having the benefit of wheels and the associated maintenance. Gear list coming soon. My first day of riding is now "scheduled" for May 31st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment