Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ride to Girdwood

While planning the hike with Justin I decided it would be good training to ride back to the trailhead to get my truck. I suspect Sunday dawned a beautiful day for a bike ride, I'm not sure I didn't wake up until 10 am after the short night camping. It was perfect when I did get up though so after some oats and eggs for brunch I hit the trail. It's about 11 miles to get out of Anchorage before hitting the Seward highway heading south.

I took my first breather looking over the Turnagan Arm. 
Note the trees bending in the breeze. I perfect tailwind for cruising between 20 and 30 mph.
It's really convenient to have some of the best tasting water in the world half way through the ride.  
The ride got a bit more challenging 43 miles in when I hit the gravel road to the hiking trail. 
Almost there...
Made it to the truck! 
The view down the valley from the trailhead. 

Just shy of 50 miles at the end of the ride. My left foot is a little sore tonight but I dont know it was the ride or something I did today. It didn't hurt this morning. I might just be ready for the long ride in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment